N.A.D. Simul 295 - I have a question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Markedman

Boogie Supporter
Reaction score
I bought this on NYC CL https://www.flickr.com/photos/100168049@N04/15499704486/ to team up with my studio pre-amp, I think I got a good deal https://www.flickr.com/photos/100168049@N04/15336180277/ plus I'm selling the case and conditioner for $150.00. Anyway, I have a road ready 4X12 with EV's and the input has a stereo input along with the standard mono input. Can I use the stereo inputs on the cabinet coming out of the 295, one speaker wire for each side?

I used to hook up my 50/50 power amp in the way you are describing. Each side of the power amp's stereo outputs to each of the two 4ohm inputs on the cabinet. It sounded great. Either way works but I prefer the stereo setup.

$300 for that power amp is a good deal. I usually see them go for around $500.

I have played this set-up for couple of days now. I like using the stereo connection on the cabinet, it gives me great 3D sound by varying the presence and volume on the channels . The outputs from the studio pre oversaturate the sound no matter what the settings are, they super compressed the lead. The effect send signal is really, really nice, loose and raw on the lead channel and the cleans chime like a Marshall. The lead channel "takes off" like a Jet when sustaining notes, goes to 11 on it own if you know what I mean. I A/B'd the BBE 822A sonic maximizer, taking it and out of the chain, it's staying in the rack. This weekend I get to try it with the band at a gig, it's my Birthday tomorrow and I couldn't be happier about "working" a party.

Can you compare the 295 to the 50/50?

I've owned the 2:90 with a Triaxis, and thought is sounded great together, but went back to a head and cab because they were less to carry around.

I now have a Soldano SP77 I'm running into a Mesa 50/50. It sounds good but a 295 just came up locally and I've heard it is Mesa's best power amp, and wanted your opinion.

The 295 is the only power amp I've tried so I can't say how it differs from other amps. I bought the 295 because the deal was awesome, but I much prefer the SP/295 tone verses the Mark amps.

Latest posts

Back