V-Twin rack pre-amp

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

royslead

Reaction score
Who knows about these? An acquaintance of mine is considering selling his. It has the foot switch, and everything appears to work. I'm not too familiar with rack gear to begin with, so any info is good. All info I have found leads to the v-twin pedal. I want to know if this is a good unit, is worth anything nowadays. Is it serviceable (it doesn't need anything now, but who knows), are they a sought after unit - I have not found any on eBay or the normal outlets. I considered buying it from him myself, but have enough stuff I don't use as it is.

There is one on eBay right now. I looked these up within the last month, and reviews pointed to a unit unlike the pedals, and one that sounds very good.

If you dont have any rack gear, getting a rack pre and all of the stuff to make a rack will be an expensive endeavor any way you cut it.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/171414420825?nav=SEARCH
That one is listed right now for $400, which is more than I would be willing to pay for that preamp, considering Idk what it could be sold for.

As far as getting repairs, mesa is a sturdy company, and should support their units for a long time.
They are VERY rare, as your research has shown you.
There are three clean "channels" and three solo "channels". One eq per channel iirc.

Check out the manual here: http://mesaboogie.com/manuals/V-Twin%20Rack%20PreAmp.pdf

If I were in your shoes, I would ask the acquaintance if I could play through it some. If it sounds good and is a reasonable price, buy it.

Thanks for the reply, I have played through it some; and it does sound good. He wants to get $400 for it. I'm not going to buy it myself. As far as Mesa's go, I like my Roadster.

I might be interested in this, as I always am looking for more gear to not use. If he willing to ship?

Sorry, I missed this earlier - I don't check the forum but maybe once a week or so...anyways, I will get in touch with him and see if he'll ship, or perhaps forward an email between you two.

Latest posts

Back