Studio Preamp output issue

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbmakesnoise

Reaction score
Hey everybody,

Recently picked up a Studio Preamp, my issue is this:

Am I able to use the Main output A and the Recording output B without any issues?
Currently my output B seems not to be working however once I've had a service, I plan to leave B hooked up for recording with A sent to poweramp/cab for monitoring.

Also, any history of issues with the reverb on these units? Not having any luck however I've not bothered to open her up as it'll need a service quite soon.

Thank you!

JB

You can use all the outputs at once if you want, the recording outputs are in parallel with the main outs, they just have a filtering circuit on them to give the power amp + speaker tone.

Why do you want to use main A + recording B rather than main A and recording A, for example?

The onlyissue I had with the reverb is that it sounded really weak when I got it - I took the tube out and scraped all the crap off the pins and it was perfect, pretty sure it was the original tube as well. I did replace it with a E-H 12AT7 and it sounds ace! The wee springs that hold the tank suspended off the chassis can come off too but are easy enough to re-attach when you open the thing up.

Every once in a while I use my studio preamp with the standard output or recording output to see if my opinion of those outputs has changed. They both sound more processed and compressed when compared to using the effect send for the output. Of any of my amps, the studio preamp/simul-stereo 295 set up is the most evil sounding.

Back