Triaxis and Carvin TS 100 Power Amp

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guitarman52

Reaction score
Has any one on the forum ever used the Triaxis with the Carvin TS 100 Power Amp??
If so Thoughts... Good, Bad, or Indifferent....
I have a Mesa 50/50 now that I use... but, I really want to get something
with a little more Power.... and Punch....
I really have thought about the Simul 2:90....But...
The Cost and The Weight....

again.. just looking for some thoughts and feedback on this...

thanks
george

Get the 2:90. The deep/modern/half drive modes really complete the whole equation. Yeah, it weighs a lot. But wich is life. Sounds like gold.

If you dont mind me asking, do you run mono or stereo? If you run stereo, the TS100 will not give you any additional power, as it is 50W per side. The 100W number is for mono operation only.

While I have not played a TS100, it was on my radar for awhile, and I read in a number of places that the older units (chrome face?) sounded better to most people, and the newer ones didn't sound much better than their solid state counterparts.

I owned a 2:90. I didn't hear the magic with the Triaxis, but I almost kept it to pair with my quad pre. That was a great sounding combination!

Let me preface this with I've owned and loved the Tri/2:90 combo but I've never used the TS100.
One advantage to the Carvin power amp is you can run 6l6 on one channel and EL34's on the other simultaneously. Also from reviews I've read it's supposed to be extremely transparent.

Latest posts

Back