Quad MarkIIC+ mod

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sotosprince

Reaction score
Does anyone have the schematics for the Mark IIC+ mod? Is it the same as the studio preamp mod? I would like to have it done by my technician. Also, could you tell me what is needed? Thanks a bunch!

Pm'ed

Anyone else interested in this?? Looks like I might be making an instructional video!! 8)

Shane

I'd love to see the schematics (I'm trying to get more read up on such things).

An instructional video would be a great resource! IIRC, there aren't a lot of component values changed, but I haven't seen the changes in a long time.

sotosprince said:
I have found some info about the studio c+ mod.

http://diy-fever.com/amps/mesa-mark-iic-preamp/

Are you planning to build your own C+?? :lol: It seems you misunderstand what is required here and Im worried your going to end up modding your Quad incorrectly.

The Quad doesn't need any major alterations and/or circuit boards added, we are talking about a few minor Cap and Resistor changes. When I post the Schematics you'll see the differences between the Lead circuits but there's a little more to it. Its important for whoever is doing the work to be able to see and locate whats in front of them and then know what values they will be changing those components to, so you will require accurate schematic's of the Quad and the C+ circuits to perform the changes successfully.

Stay tuned, I'll get onto this when I can.

Shane C said:
sotosprince said:
I have found some info about the studio c+ mod.

http://diy-fever.com/amps/mesa-mark-iic-preamp/

Are you planning to build your own C+?? :lol: It seems you misunderstand what is required here and Im worried your going to end up modding your Quad incorrectly.

The Quad doesn't need any major alterations and/or circuit boards added, we are talking about a few minor Cap and Resistor changes. When I post the Schematics you'll see the differences between the Lead circuits but there's a little more to it. Its important for whoever is doing the work to be able to see and locate whats in front of them and then know what values they will be changing those components to, so you will require accurate schematic's of the Quad and the C+ circuits to perform the changes successfully.

Stay tuned, I'll get onto this when I can.
Don't worry, I am not going to do it myself! Please, do post the schematics as soon as you find the time! Thx!

Back