Triaxis not letting me run wet/dry? Is this normal?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Audiokill

Reaction score
I run my V2 nonfat Triaxis in stereo and use a Boss Super Chorus through the effects loop for my cleans. The pedal works fine when run in stereo (wet/wet), but if I try to run wet/dry by unplugging one of the two cables between the pedal's output and the effects loop's return, the corresponding channel will totally cut out. Basically, I get wet/silent rather than wet/dry. But if I unplug both cables between pedal and return, I'll get dry/dry with both channels working again.

So is this behavior normal with the Triaxis? Do I need to utilize an a/b/y to achieve a wet/dry mix? Or does my Triaxis just need to go see the doctor?

Hello A-K

This is normal....

If you have activated the FX loop and you do not have anything plugged into Return B, then Output B will be disabled. (Same with Return A)

If you want to operate WET/DRY, Split the Triaxis FX send with a Y cable...
Then, Y output #1 feeds the chorus and return A... and the Y output #2 feeds return B...
Then Triaxis Output A is WET and Triaxis output B is DRY

MAKE SURE THAT YOUR FX Processor IS SET TO KILL DRY or 100% EFFECT or you will have phase issues with your DRY signal.

I hope this helps

Regards

Joe

You can also go from the output of the Triaxis on one side to the in of the chorus. Out of the chorus to one side of your power amp. The other side output of the Triaxis direct into the other side of the power amp.

I could, but I'd just be bypassing the effects loop. I only want the chorus on my clean channel. When I switch to dirty, the idea is for the chorus to turn off automatically through midi.

The Boss Chorus Ensemble does this automatically if you use the stereo outs on the pedal - one side is 100% wet and other is completely dry.

Latest posts

Back