Smallest, most shallow rack for the Triaxis?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jpage

Reaction score
Picking up a Triaxis I think but space is a strong priority for this rig. And we all know the Triaxis is probably the deepest preamp ever made LOL. Running it through a Two Notes Torpedo Live and a G-Major effects unit. What is the shallowest 4u case I can get away with?

Thanks!

I think you could get away with a 40cm/16" deep rack, not sure how the cables would fit in though. You would probably have to use angled cables for connecting stuff, which isn't always optimal for a rack setup.

16 inch is it, I have several options, I have a 10 space 16 inch deep that has 2 inch deep latch on covers that allows leaving things plugged in for transport. It currently resides in a 5 space 16 inch deep Gig bag with zip on ends with my 20/20 that necessitates breaking down the cabling after use for transport but is a hell of lot easier to carry.

allphourus said:
16 inch deep that has 2 inch deep latch on covers that allows leaving things plugged in for transport.

Not wanting to stray too far off-topic, but I'm never sure about rack depth measurements: does 16 inches mean "covers off" rack depth, or does that include covers as well? I mean, to me it makes sense to give the "covers-off" depth, but I just want to make sure.

I have one of these, though I have to admit mine has a label on the front, not on the side like in the pic, but anyway, if I use right angle jacks to connect the Tri to the power amp, I can get the cover on, with VERY little wasted space. Straight connector cables mean I would have to disconnect when putting the cover on.

http://roadreadycases.co.nz/product/lightweight-4u-effects-rack-case/

As far as I can tell the NZ company is exactly the same as the US one. It's almost like it was designed for the Triaxis!

I use a Road Ready 6-unit 14" effects rack. I use angled George L plugs and found an angled midi cord. Back of Road Ready case fits on with a little room to spare. I don't have to unplug anything in the rack. Just connect the speaker cables, one power cord, and one midi cable and I'm set to gig.

Latest posts

Back