The Boogie Board

Discussion Forum for Mesa Boogie Products
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:01 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:18 pm 
Bottle Rocket

Hi, I am new to the forum and a boogie user for a few years now. I run a 50:50 power amp with my Axe Fx. A few weeks ago a got hold of a 2:Ninety simul class. Bought it from the first owner. It is from 1998 and a did put new tubes in from TAD. There was a crackling noise when I bought and I thought re-tubing would fix this. It did not. After checking everything it appears to be only on channel B. If the speaker cable is connected that is. And with the stand-by on, no noise when stand-by is off. I now use it as mono keeping the volume on channel B at minimum and no input connected. Sometimes the noise is gone for a moment and it comes back growing from almost nothing to very annoying.
A few questions
1. What could be the problem? I had contact with Mesa Boogie and they said it was most probably a bad resistor. Any other suggestions? I visually checked the circuit board and all is looking fine
2. Can I run the amp without the power tubes in channel B? The idea is not to have them running until I have the amp fixed.

Any help or idea is much appreciated!

PS I Have soundclip/video of the problem but can"t find a way to upload it... :?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:33 pm 
Bottle Rocket

Hi..Had what sounded exactly the same problem un a nomad.Would have bet anything it was a resistor.It was a bad input jack.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:08 am 
Bottle Rocket

Thanks for the feedback. I will check the input jacks and see if it is causing the problem.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:36 pm 
Bottle Rocket

Any luck on that ?