Triaxis Clean volume drop

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SilviuAdd

Reaction score
Hello! I've recently bought a Mesa Boogie Triaxis from Ebay and it has a volume drop on clean channels after some time (like 30 minutes or so). The problem is very noticeable because after an hour you can barely hear the clean but the Lead channels are fine. The tubes are all new and they are Mesa. I would be very grateful if you could could help me with some advice. Thank you and have a nice day!

SilviuAdd said:
Hello! I've recently bought a Mesa Boogie Triaxis from Ebay and it has a volume drop on clean channels after some time (like 30 minutes or so). The problem is very noticeable because after an hour you can barely hear the clean but the Lead channels are fine. The tubes are all new and they are Mesa. I would be very grateful if you could could help me with some advice. Thank you and have a nice day!

I'm having a very similar problem, except the volume will also come back on its own. I am using a 2/90; what power amp are you using?

I'm having the same problem too.
I had a Version 2 with Rect board and after about an hour of playing the rhythm channel loose the about 70% of its volume and after a while drops too 10%.You must max the volume too just hear it.
I have it with a 2:90 and that happens in both outputs.I have another triaxis with fat mode this one and plays normally with the 2:90 so its not power amp's fault.
I have change the tubes between the two triaxis and the problem still there so no tube problem.I open the triaxis and spray it with contact cleaner spray nothing too.
The other channels are ok I compare them with the other triaxis so its Rhythm channel's problem.
Since 3 people have the same problem must be a common one any one have any ideas or have fixed a similar problem.
I think an official Mesa Boogie technician should give us some advice.

It seems that the problem is not only on Rhy channel but also at the Green and yellow of the Ld1 channel too.
The red on the Ld1 works fine and all the Ld 2.

I experienced this same issue with my Triaxis. First it was intermittent volume drops on both channels. Then I lost the A channel altogether. I had one tech look at it who was sure it had something to do with the IC's but never could quite nail it down. I finally got it back from him after a 5 weeks (seriously) and took it to another amp repair shop in SLC. 4 days and $40 dollars later it was fixed. Turns out the plate resistor on V5 has to be fixed. It sounds incredible again and I couldn't be happier. Give that a try. Also, a couple of other things I've found by doing some research is to clean the ribbon cable connectors (carefully!) and look closely at the IC's on the TX4 board. Hope this helps!

Hi
I know this is Years ago, but maybe you can tell me what component Plate resistor is?

Khanks

JCAnders

Back