Mesa Boogie Strategy 500

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skarcha

Reaction score
Hello!
See if you can help me with this, I have a couple questions with this.
I can use only one channel, leaving one without charge?
It can be used at low volume? Mostly I play in my room, except some monthly event.
How reliable are they?
And I can say that has features such as deep extense, half drive, and tracks 1 and 2?
Thank you very much!

Holy cow thats a big tank just for one channel, Its sounds like overkill to me. One channel op you must keep the level on the not in use ch @ 0.00 and the presence @ full 10. Or can you switch 1 channel on and leave 1 off the manuals are on google. Reliability that depends on how old your electrolytic capacitor's are. Other components orange drop caps can short out resistor etc. Preventive maintenance will save you in long run. Are you using a preamp is it bass or guitar . Some audio files us these for hifi stereos in clean mode. I have a 2:90 with quad preamp and its the loudest rig I've owned, and that would be my 4th.

I know this is an old thread, but it's something I've been wondering about. I contacted Mesa to ask about the same question, and I received the answer that Ishred365 has given, that the safe thing to do is to set the volume to 0 and presence to 10 on the channel that isn't being used.

The Strategy 500's two channels each have their own standby switches, and each has their own line input and speaker outputs. Since the channels appear to be completely separate, I would have suspected that using one won't affect the other that isn't used. So how does setting the volume to 0 and the presence to 10 actually benefit a channel that is kept in standby, and also has nothing connected to its input?

Back