Few questions for triaxis owners

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

diddlydan

Reaction score
Hey guys,I'm most likely gonna pick up a 2nd hand triaxis in the next few weeks as i have everything else bought such as the power amp (50/50) a cab etc.For effects i recently picked up a TC Gmajor 2 as its cheap enough and the fx are pretty decent etc.I have a question about the fx loop on the triaxis that hopefully someone can shed some light on.Before i realised that the triaxis had a loop i had presumed the Gmajor would need to be connected between the triaxis and the power amp,but i wasnt too keen on this idea as that meant my guitar signal would always be passing through the AD/DA conversion of the Gmajor.Having read the triaxis manual ive found that firstly it has an fx loop and secondly that it can be bypassed for certain presets if desired.My question is when the fx loop is bypassed does that mean the guitar signal is not travelling through the loop and in this case the Gmajors AD/DA conversion?So for example when i have a rhythm guitar preset with say distortion and no fx, the Gmajor will be completely out of the signal path and not affecting the tone in any way?The manual doesnt really go into much detail about the loop so thats why i posted here.Also how good are the cleans on the triaxis?There arent that many youtube vids or good audio examples that ive managed to find while researching the triaxis.Thanks guys

The signal does not flow through the effects loop when the loop is not engaged.

Check this video out if you want a demo of what a TriAxis can do. I admit my tones have improved much since then but it's still quite representative.

I find the cleans good, but I'm not picky about cleans to begin with.

Thanks!

It was completely stock, I hadn't even tube rolled it then. It's still stock now but I put in different preamp tubes.

Latest posts

Back