Triaxis mkIIc preset ?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okgb

Reaction score
Does [ or can ] the triaxis do a convincing IIC sound ?

Have you played a mark series amp before?

IMO, it does a very good mark 2c+ TONE. The biggest difference with the triaxis, in my opinion, is how it feels when you play. It does not feel like my other mark series amps (mark 4 and quad pre). That being said, I think my quad and mark 4 overlap, so I may be selling the quad to pick up a triaxis, if the prices come down on them.

I would not hesitate on buying a triaxis based on the tonal differences between it and a mark series, because they are more similar than different.

I own a mk III , but when a friend brought His IIC over compared his was definitely nicer
seems to have a nice mid rangey grind and made the mkIII sound more like an overdrive box [ a little more flat ]
but looking at preamps with more presets & settings .

In that case, I would say no, you prolly don't want a triaxis, unless you need the midi capabilities and/or are building a rack rig. A quad (and I would think a studio) would nail that sound, or at least come a lot closer. The triaxis feel is different, and the tones are very marky, but if you have a mark 3 and want what a mark 2 will give, I do not think the triaxis is your answer.

More so getting that sound as a bonus or extra way to sell myself on it, thanks

Latest posts

Back