Where to put Parametric EQ rack in chain ?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

STAV MP1

Reaction score
Heya, I have an AKAI ex85p parametric EQ half rack with a -10dB input AND output and a Looper pedal... Im wondering where I place it in my rack signal chain ??

I have an ADA MP1 preamp / Mesa studio Preamp (I alternate between the 2), TC electronics G major rack (FX processor), AKAI ex85p Para EQ half-size rack, TC electronics Ditto Looper pedal and MESA boogie 290 power amp. Im not sure where to have the para EQ and Looper pedal in the chain due to Line/instrument level issues...

I understand that the Preamp is designed to take the instrument level from the guitar and output a line level signal for the G Major and then the power amp... But where do I put the -10dB para EQ and Looper pedal in the chain ??
Is it ok to put the Parametric EQ after the G Major even though it only takes -10dB input and will then output -10db to the power amp ??

From reading your post, it would seem you need to run in front of your preamps or you need a "buffer" after it if you use just before the power amp. You have to give the power amp this signal it needs to function properly in the rig.

You can get a lot of opinions. Since you cannot blow anything up, I suggest trial and error to try more than one option and hear which you like better.

Back