One way the triaxis could have been an even bigger hit....

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harem_theater

Reaction score
20130813_182359.jpg

Ok, I know that it's marketed to go along with the 2:90, but I find matching this pre with the Simul satellite is above being a great tonal palette. It's versatile, warm, fat, spanky, clean, crushing, intense and fluid.

I kind of look at it as a programmable mark v with things like;
-instead of the 'preset' knobs I have Dynamic Voice
-All the great Mark sounds which aren't EXACTLY the same as their original counterparts, yet have a flavor all on their own.
-glassy cleans, big mushy leads and immediate, thumping gain which can change as soon as you turn on the graphic EQ (Not a lot of amps can do that.)

As great as the 2:90 is, I'm a MUCH bigger fan of running my triaxis into this satellite. Sounds more....marky and natural.

I'm not above running my Triaxis into any handy Traditional Type Fender Amp. It loves My Twin, Pro and Deluxe Reverbs, my Vibro King as well as my 290 and 20/20.

Though I don't think it necessarily sounds better, I think it sounds pretty fucking manly running my TriAxis through the Power amp Insert of my Marshall JVM410H (whose power section is essentially that of a 2203 JCM800).

Allow me to reverse your original statement: I think our posts just confirm that that indeed made the TA a great hit in the first place - it agrees very well with different poweramps. :D

ryjan said:
I miss my Triaxis.

ditto, but for what I would use it for now, it would just be duplicating my quad. Definitely a unique sound that wasn't all mark. I still wish I could find a clean like that pre had.....

Latest posts

Back