my rack... how would you set it up...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toolshed

Reaction score
looking for the most versitile way to set it up.. How would you hook it up..

i have a mesa boogie studio preamp, a digitech 2120, and a marshall 9005.

would you use the preamps as preamps and just a/b them to the marshall
or...
would you run the guitar to the mesa input then loop of the the mesa to the input of the 2120 and then go out of the 2120 into the mesa in to the marshall...
or.....

how would you do it?

You could try using 4CM for the Digitech that way you can use it's FX in front/after the Studio Preamp, bypass the Studio and use the Digitech's preamps into the Marshall etc.

You just go

Guitar->2120 input
2120 send->Studio return
Studio send->2120 return
digitech output->Marshall in

That way by engaging the 2120's internal loop you include the Studio preamp in the chain, and you can place FX either in front or after the Studio. You can also use the 2120's preamps that way. The only thing you're limited to in this case is using the Studio in Mono, because you can only feed one channel back to the 2120.

BTW I tried this type of setup with my Marshall head+GT-6 and my mate uses his GT-8 hooked up like that all the time, it's crazy versatile... I have not yet tried it with a preamp/poweramp in stereo though. If the Digitech has two outputs it's no problem I guess.

Jackie said:
You could try using 4CM for the Digitech that way you can use it's FX in front/after the Studio Preamp, bypass the Studio and use the Digitech's preamps into the Marshall etc.

You just go

Guitar->2120 input
2120 send->Studio return
Studio send->2120 return
digitech output->Marshall in

That way by engaging the 2120's internal loop you include the Studio preamp in the chain, and you can place FX either in front or after the Studio. You can also use the 2120's preamps that way. The only thing you're limited to in this case is using the Studio in Mono, because you can only feed one channel back to the 2120.

BTW I tried this type of setup with my Marshall head+GT-6 and my mate uses his GT-8 hooked up like that all the time, it's crazy versatile... I have not yet tried it with a preamp/poweramp in stereo though. If the Digitech has two outputs it's no problem I guess.

the 2120 does have stereo outs

Yeah I scrolled through the manual

so just change last line to "both digitech outputs->both Marshall ins" :mrgreen:

Maarten van Helden (http://www.tubefreak.com) has a nice fridge-rig which includes a 2101 and a Quad preamp.....
Here´s his signal line: http://tubefreak.com/signal.htm
...Maybe a good guess how to hook up your Studio/2120/Marshall rig

Back