New Mesa/Boogie Rack Product Ideas

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MesaGod666

Reaction score
I'm sure the guys at Boogie are way ahead of me on this, but I think this would be a good place to throw some ideas out there. You never know if something is going to stick. I'm not talking about taking existing products and slapping the Mesa logo on it. It would be awesome to have their engineering integrity go into these ideas and create something as good or better than what we can imagine.

Here's my list:
1. I would like to purchase an EL34 version of the 2:Ninety.

2. I would also like to see an updated Triaxis preamp that has a non-flubby sound for LD1 Red, Mark IIC+ for the LD2 Green, Mark IV for the LD2 Yellow, and Mark V Extreme Sound for LD2 Red. The rest of that preamp is untouchable outside of those improvements.

3. It would be cool to have MIDI features on the Mesa Mark V head. It would be awesome to switch from IIC+, IV, and Extreme modes via midi controller (keep the manual switch on the wattages). It would be even more awesome to switch between EQ settings as well. It would be even more awesome to have different manual slider settings (perhaps even motorized sliders controlled via midi...just dreaming now).

4. It would be freakin awesome to have a Mesa Cab amp simulator/load box like the Palmer PDI-03 or PDI-09. Oh man...if the quality and tone is there then this would be awesome and would be a multi-million dollar moneymaker. I'm sure the boys at boogie could find a way to throw a tube or two in there (I have no idea how these devices work...all I know is that these devices sound amazing running from my rig into the PA or into my IEMs).

That's a good start...what are your ideas?

I'm just gonna comment on your list, those are good ideas!

1.) Yes, or at least throw in a bias switch like the amp heads!

2.) Yup the TA needs an update, I mean come on, it's been as is since the **** 90s!!
I agree on the LD1 being flubby thing and relocating the IIC+ and IV modes. Lead 2 Red is unusable to me so if it were changed to the Extreme mode I'd have nothing against! It would also be cool if it would be a channel from the Roadster/Roadking, so you'd get two Recto sounds in one preamp and one on each channel.

3.) I think MIDI should be a **** standard on guitar heads by now. The fact that I have two MIDI compatible rigs is dumb luck (never thought I would use MIDI on my JVM) but I feel kinda "robbed" if I try out an amp that doesn't have MIDI.
The part about saving EQ settings... I think it has been done before but not on a MESA (H&K Switchblade?).

4.) No comment on that one since I'm not a fan of cab sims though I can see it would be a cool product.

I have one request of my own too. I know they're in a rack, but still, is it that hard to put a metal grille over the tubes? They seem so **** fragile in there with all the cables and sh!t and while it does look cool to have 13 glowing bottles in your rack I think it isn't such a PITA to remove 4 screws if you want to replace tubes..

Fine ideas, MesaGod666, the only thing I would disagree with you on is the idea that Mesa are "way ahead of you" on this! Mesa is one of the laziest companies on Earth in terms of responding to customer demand. I think they are a bunch of nerds who sit in their labs messing about on their own ideas. There are plenty of things they could and have and should have implemented in their products, but they are very slow to innovate. They make great gear, but they aren't a progressive and responsive company by any measure. The Triaxis has barely changed in over a decade!

I have never been able to understand why there are so few MONO rackmount power amps on the market. I think Mesa made a real high power one in the '80s, but are people with rack setups really always running stereo? If you're running mono, the second side in a stereo power amp is just extra dead weight and tubes you have to keep in there. I would like to see a mono fifty watt rackmount power amp, and it would be extra great if you could run 6V6s in it and get it down to 15 watts or so.

New rack gear would be oh so nice : )
How about this....
Roadwarrior Rectifier series with full Midi implementation and integrated scallable power power amp that also works with midi.

Roadwarrior Mark Series with full Midi implementation and integrated scallable power amp that also works with midi.

So basically a new and improved triaxis with a integrated scallable power amp and a equivalent version for the rectifier series that would be a nice start.

My needs are simple: give me the power section of the Road King in a rack with MIDI control. No more preamps for me. I have plenty of those.

Oh and I agree with the previoius poster. I have not run stereo since the 90's when I learned that my personal, lovely wash of stage sound never translated into the mains.

I'm dying for midi in mesa amps. All those features, bells and whistles might as well not be there when you are playing live. I want mk iv mode (pentode) for rhythm and mk iic+ (triode) for leads.

Triaxis II
MODES
Rhythm I-- Mark Clean, Lonestar Clean, ED Clean
LD I -- ED red, Recto Vintage, Recto Modern
LD II -- Don't change a fu@#$ing thing. :twisted:
DV replaced by a digital version of the 5 band GEQ with each of the 5 frequencies adjustable from -10 to +10 in .5 increments (May need to be 2 rack spaces)
Built in noise gate
Battery powered midi footswitch that can control everything via bluetooth or USB.

2-Ninety-II
Bias switch for 6l6 or el34 independent for each channel.
Replace old fashion switches with midi
Pentode/triode selectable

That's all I got for now.

Boogie's version of Fractal Audio's Axe FX :shock:
2.gif

..which would include sims of every amp and cab up to date.

:shock:

1.gif

ryjan said:
Triaxis II
MODES
Rhythm I-- Mark Clean, Lonestar Clean, ED Clean
LD I -- ED red, Recto Vintage, Recto Modern
LD II -- Don't change a fu@#$ing thing..
Very nice. A complete lack of Mark I, which is fine with me, but I'm pretty sure that Mesa would throw it in somewhere. I like your changes to the 2:90 as well. I can't believe they don't have a tube-switchable power amp.
Neptical said:
Boogie's version of Fractal Audio's Axe FX
I don't think Boogie would purposely make a hunk of junk. :lol:

Danimal said:
Neptical said:
Oh, but when has Boogie made a 'hunk of junk'?
The Nomad line was pretty awful, but I don't think it was intentional.

Oops, forgot one. :lol: :lol:

They made this Mark series line, too.....
1.gif

How about a 2 space unit 5 band GEQ? Maybe 2 channels with 2 seperate eq's and a switchable preset knob that is independant of the geq just like the Mark V's. Midi switchable of course.
This would make 4 different eq curves available. The perfect addition to a non-geq Mark amp or recto.

ryjan said:
How about a 2 space unit 5 band GEQ? Maybe 2 channels with 2 seperate eq's and a switchable preset knob that is independant of the geq just like the Mark V's. Midi switchable of course.
This would make 4 different eq curves available. The perfect addition to a non-geq Mark amp or recto.

Like a new and improved Boogie Quad? I'd be ready for that, no doubt.

Neptical said:
ryjan said:

Like a new and improved Boogie Quad? I'd be ready for that, no doubt.
Not a preamp. Just the analog graphic eq.

Latest posts

Back