Connecting Rectifier Pre Rack with GT Pro

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

osafer

Reaction score
Hello guys,

I 'm building a rack which up to now includes a Rectifier Pre Amp, a BOSS GT Pro and a Stereo 2:Fifty.

The Rectifier manual advises that the best way to connect these pieces, is
Guitar --> Rect Preamp In, Rect Preamp Out --> FX in, FX out --> Power Amp in... or am I wrong?

My problem is that while using this connection, the GT Pro's input level continuously flickers (too high input). :(
Do you have any experience to guide me out of this? Which is the best way to connect these three keeping the best tone?

Thanx in advance guys! :)

Guitar --> Rect Preamp In, Rect Preamp Out --> FX in, FX out --> Power Amp in...That is the best way to get the full signal to pass through the effects. the loop is parallel so only some of the signal would be effected by the FX and there would still be dry signal going through unaffected by the FX, so between preamp and power amp is better. Now, the level going out of the recto pre is too high for the FX processor so it is causing it to clip. one way to solve this is to have the a Loop switcher so the signal from the preamp wont always go through the FX processor and totally bypass it so it wont clip, and when you want to use FX you just put that loop on with FX for when you just need FX.

Guitar > Gt input, Gt loop 1 send > recto input, recto output > Gt loop 1 return, GT output > power amp. This is the 4 cable method and will allow you to run the recto as one of any of the preamps in the GT unit and you can place the fx before or after the recto.

Back