Tube preamps are a must for recording in this digital age

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JazzRules

Reaction score
Boogie is one of the very few companies that have made fine, feature rich tube preamps for said task. I'd be lost without my Formula Pre. Built in "DI", nice tube buffered effects parallel effects loop, 3 channels, with 5 band EQ, in a one rack mount high unit.

Will soon be adorning my Formula with a new set of GT 12AX7-Ms, and perhaps an NOS 5751 or 12AY7. Should be fun.

I'm interested in hearing some of those GT 12AX7-Ms, The only tubes I've ver heard are mesa and the JJ's Im running now. The JJ's sound great but Id still love to at least hear some of what people rave about Mullards for.

ThousandSwords said:
I'm interested in hearing some of those GT 12AX7-Ms, The only tubes I've ver heard are mesa and the JJ's Im running now. The JJ's sound great but Id still love to at least hear some of what people rave about Mullards for.

Torres Engineering was supposed to get a big shipment today. I called about 3 PM local (west coast) time, but still hadn't gotten them. I'll try tomorrow.

KCA NOS has an impressive lineup of tubes, lots of NOS and NOS JAN, plus new GT, SED etc. Be prepared for sticker shock.

JazzRules said:
Torres Engineering was supposed to get a big shipment today. I called about 3 PM local (west coast) time, but still hadn't gotten them. I'll try tomorrow.

JazzRules,

You mentioned Torres, are you a bay area guy? I'm in the South Bay.

chedgeco... 8)

chedgeco said:
JazzRules said:

JazzRules,

You mentioned Torres, are you a bay area guy? I'm in the South Bay.

chedgeco... 8)

I'm in the "extreme east bay", but work in the south bay, Mt View.

I'm thinking of moving, as my new commute is too **** long by train. THinking of Pleasanton, Dublin, Livermore, Sunol, maybe Hayward. I figure an extra 150K of mortgage buys me the honor of living on a faultline.

I live in the finger of San Jose that sticks out between Campbell, Saratoga, and Los Gatos. Luckily I bought my home back in 95' when one could actually afford a house here. I work in Mt. View as well, over off of Shoreline. Good luck with your home search. A buddy of mine near me just sold his house counting on the theory that homes are going to start to decline in price later this year. IMHO, prices are at stupid levels now... :shock:

chedgeco... 8)

chedgeco said:

I live in the finger of San Jose that sticks out between Campbell, Saratoga, and Los Gatos. Luckily I bought my home back in 95' when one could actually afford a house here. I work in Mt. View as well, over off of Shoreline. Good luck with your home search. A buddy of mine near me just sold his house counting on the theory that homes are going to start to decline in price later this year. IMHO, prices are at stupid levels now... :shock:

chedgeco... 8)

Might be nice to sell the house, live in some temporary housing until the fall. Hard to do after having 5 bedrooms and a big pool.

I ate lunch at Togos today near the Shoreline exit off 101.

Sad to see so many building empty. Netscape and AOL are down to 2 buildings I believe, from 6. Lots of cheap business real estate up for sale and rent in Mt View. I blame the guy at the top, and his friends.......

Back