Recto Recording Preamp - Tube Layout ?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KDR

Reaction score
Hi All
I cannot seem to find the tube layout of my recto recording preamp. I did find what tube does what though.

Any help would be appreciated.

-Kevin

I assume you have the manual? If not, here is the link:

http://www.mesaboogie.com/manuals/RectifierRecPreAmp.pdf

The layout is not really important, the 6 tubes are all the same - 12AX7A type dual triode tubes.

Are you planning on using different tubes for different gain stages or are you trying to diagnose a fault?

I'm almost 100% certain the manual does NOT tell what each side of the 12ax7 does. Each triode does something different most of the time sometimes across channels I think. I had the diagram somewhere. It may be in a post someone replied to me. I discovered it eventually though. If you want I can find it. It is a graphic with the back and shows each half of the tube and what it does in the preamp.

Ok I found the layout that Mesa sent me.
I decided to condense it but have also kept the original for you to compare notes with.

Here are Clickable Thumbnails for each.

The first is the original from Mesa:

Here is the version I created:

So it seems that part of V2, all of V3, and all of V4 are relevant to those who want to mess with Channel 2's sound. This is where I put the 2 new tubes I bought. Slight change I think. Hard to say.

Hi,

I know this is a really old thread but I just can't find the layout of those tubes.
The images posted here are no longer available, unfortunately.
Can anybody help me find out which tube is which and does what for the recording preamp?
I need to retube mine and I'd like to experiment a bit before just going for 6 spax tubes...

Thanks,
Bobby

Neverwind said:
Hi,

I know this is a really old thread but I just can't find the layout of those tubes.
The images posted here are no longer available, unfortunately.
Can anybody help me find out which tube is which and does what for the recording preamp?
I need to retube mine and I'd like to experiment a bit before just going for 6 spax tubes...

Thanks,
Bobby

Hey man! I still have these images somewhere on my old harddrive that's messed up. If I can manage to pull them up I will update!

For those looking for help, this is the best I can offer until I find the images and re-host them on imgur
http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=37205#p277531

I recently re-hosted another tube diagram chart I posted a long time ago so don't lose hope! http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=22100

Good news everyone I found the files! Like the original post, these are clickable to bring you to the full sized version
Original file from mesa:

compact version I made:

I have no idea why I felt the need to re-organize the pic, it made sense at the time.... :roll:

Back