Quad owners

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

occub

Reaction score
I dont have a footswitch but I bought a Midi Matrix, the Rhythm 1 channel wont disengage? I have my programs set up but even with Lead one selected the Rhythm wont change. I hooked up two grounding switches and can engage/disengage everything else through the midi jacks in the back but not Rhythm 1? Am I right in assuming that it should be able to turn off? Im confused as too what I should do next.

Give this one a whirl:

http://www.mesaboogie.com/manuals/Quad%20Preamp.pdf

You can have more than one mode going at once on the Quad. Perhaps the rhythm 1 mode is stuck on. It should go into "no mode" mode when you first power it up.

I went through the manual a few times before, I was aware of multiple channels and eqs at once. If its supposed to be in no mode when powered on then it is "stuck".....Any ideas on how to deal with this besides a trip to the repair shop

Problems with channel switching or volume drop when engaging an EQ on the Quad often result from one or more bad optocouplers. They are quite easy to change if you're good in soldering (you have to unslder all the wires inside to remove the main board).

Is the Rhythm-1 LED lighted all the time? If the R1 LED is lit then it's probably not an LDR problem.

Use a mutimeter on diode check or resistance to see if the rear 1/4" R1 select jack centre pin is permenantly shorted to ground. I'm wondering if the previous owner had modded this Quad so it always defaulted to R1 when no channel was selected.

daveyboogie said:
Is the Rhythm-1 LED lighted all the time? If the R1 LED is lit then it's probably not an LDR problem.

Use a mutimeter on diode check or resistance to see if the rear 1/4" R1 select jack centre pin is permenantly shorted to ground. I'm wondering if the previous owner had modded this Quad so it always defaulted to R1 when no channel was selected.

Ill check the jack but which diode should I be checking?

I'm having the same issue with my Quad. Did you ever sort this out and, if so, how duid you fix it?

rlord1974 said:
I'm having the same issue with my Quad. Did you ever sort this out and, if so, how duid you fix it?

Nope, Im not exactly sure which optos to swap out. All I could find was a handwritten chart which didnt help me much. I replied to your post at HC, more traffic over there.

Back