Quad owners

Triaxis, Quad Preamp, Stereo Power series, Recto Preamp

Moderators: Guitarzan, Grandor, ned

occub
Bottle Rocket

Quad owners

Post by occub » Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:57 pm

I dont have a footswitch but I bought a Midi Matrix, the Rhythm 1 channel wont disengage? I have my programs set up but even with Lead one selected the Rhythm wont change. I hooked up two grounding switches and can engage/disengage everything else through the midi jacks in the back but not Rhythm 1? Am I right in assuming that it should be able to turn off? Im confused as too what I should do next.
Mesa/Boogie Quad
Mesa/Boogie Midi Matrix

mr_fender
Mark III

Re: Quad owners

Post by mr_fender » Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:59 pm

Give this one a whirl:

http://www.mesaboogie.com/manuals/Quad%20Preamp.pdf

You can have more than one mode going at once on the Quad. Perhaps the rhythm 1 mode is stuck on. It should go into "no mode" mode when you first power it up.
Peace
==================

'91 Mark IV Short Head
Thiele Cab w/ EVM12L
Thiele Cab w/ Eminence Delta Pro 12A

"I dub thee Herschel Walker Cuyler Them Dawgz Is Hell Don't They!"

occub
Bottle Rocket

Post by occub » Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:58 pm

I went through the manual a few times before, I was aware of multiple channels and eqs at once. If its supposed to be in no mode when powered on then it is "stuck".....Any ideas on how to deal with this besides a trip to the repair shop
Mesa/Boogie Quad
Mesa/Boogie Midi Matrix

crane
Mark III

Post by crane » Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:50 am

Problems with channel switching or volume drop when engaging an EQ on the Quad often result from one or more bad optocouplers. They are quite easy to change if you're good in soldering (you have to unslder all the wires inside to remove the main board).
PRS McCarty Soapbar with BKP Pigs90, PRS custom 22 with BKP Rebel Yell
Mark V Head, 1x12" Mesa 1/2 closed (EVM-12L)
Triaxis 2.0 noFat - Quad preamp
Deep modded 20:20 - Bias modded 50/50 - SimulClass 295
Home made amps/speakers/pedals

vitod
Bottle Rocket

Post by vitod » Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:55 pm

Love to try this preamp out.

daveyboogie
Mark II

Post by daveyboogie » Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:34 am

Is the Rhythm-1 LED lighted all the time? If the R1 LED is lit then it's probably not an LDR problem.

Use a mutimeter on diode check or resistance to see if the rear 1/4" R1 select jack centre pin is permenantly shorted to ground. I'm wondering if the previous owner had modded this Quad so it always defaulted to R1 when no channel was selected.
www.seventimeslost.com

Quad pre
Peavey Classic 50/50

occub
Bottle Rocket

Post by occub » Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:20 pm

daveyboogie wrote:Is the Rhythm-1 LED lighted all the time? If the R1 LED is lit then it's probably not an LDR problem.

Use a mutimeter on diode check or resistance to see if the rear 1/4" R1 select jack centre pin is permenantly shorted to ground. I'm wondering if the previous owner had modded this Quad so it always defaulted to R1 when no channel was selected.
Ill check the jack but which diode should I be checking?
Mesa/Boogie Quad
Mesa/Boogie Midi Matrix

rlord1974
Bottle Rocket

Post by rlord1974 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:53 am

I'm having the same issue with my Quad. Did you ever sort this out and, if so, how duid you fix it?

occub
Bottle Rocket

Post by occub » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:13 pm

rlord1974 wrote:I'm having the same issue with my Quad. Did you ever sort this out and, if so, how duid you fix it?
Nope, Im not exactly sure which optos to swap out. All I could find was a handwritten chart which didnt help me much. I replied to your post at HC, more traffic over there.
Mesa/Boogie Quad
Mesa/Boogie Midi Matrix