Show me your rack!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

metalgarth

Reaction score
n1615208457_92580_2843.jpg

This is my main guitar rack.

First item is a two channel Hafler preamp from the late 80s early 90s. Clean channel is solid state and overdrive channel is all tube. Tones go from crystal clean to bluesy to all out metal assualt. I prefer all out metal assault and crystal clean.

2nd Item is a Furman Power Conditioner. It acts like a big power strip.

3rd Item is the world famous Mesa Triaxis preamp. Heard on literally thousands of stages and CDs worldwide. Famous users include James Hetfield & Kirk Hammet (Metallica), John Petrucci (Dream Theater), Vernon Reid (Living Colour) and Andy Summers (The Police). This box contains the tones of classic Mesa Boogie amps and 5 12AX7 tubes.

4th Item is the Marshall 9100 tube power amp. Mostly used in touring rigs by big name guitarists. Used on stage at various times by Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, ZZ Top and a slew of others.

Sitting on top is a PreSonus 3 Band EQ which runs in the FX loop of the Triaxis.

This and a small selection of fx pedals... Yep, 24 vacuum tubes... I LOVE it! :twisted:

Mesaboogiestrategy500powerampserial.jpg

ak47 said:
This and a small selection of fx pedals... Yep, 24 vacuum tubes... I LOVE it! :twisted:

Dang! With the Hafler and Marshall it is 6, and with the Triaxis it is 9. I should also add that I use a Boss GT-10 for effects, a Boss NS-2 and a BBE Sonic Stomp.

There is already 2 posts for rack gears in the rigs&tone section

http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=28913

crane said:
There is already 2 posts for rack gears in the rigs&tone section

http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=28913

True... but that is for 'rigs'... this is purely for racks... and this thread is sitting in 'Rack Pieces' after all...

Power Conditioner/Sennheiser wireless/Line 6 PodXTPro/TriAxis/Rocktron Hush/Aphex Aural Exciter/Drawer/Mesa 2:90
rack-1.jpg

Here's my current rack...

DSC_0003.JPG

...always kind of a work in progress, but at least I've got a little Mesa preamp love goin' on.

--B

I have this one but is not hooked up as it should, also the picture is a little old, the one at the bottom shows the one of my 2 quad pre-amps that I got last year.

IMG_1111.jpg

IMG_1807.jpg

leadfootdriver: I was looking to take my PODXT PRO (since my triaxis got put in, its strickly a tuner/backup preamp) out of my rack and replace it with a korg tuner like the one you have in your rack. I wanted to ask you about a rumor I heard. Have you ever had a problem with muting the signal to tune? I've heard from others with Korg tuners that it doesn't completely or at all mute the signal.

I would never put anything in the signal chain like that (keep things as clean as possible)!!...run out one of the recording outputs into ya tuner if you need to be hooked up all the time, and switch ya amp to standby when tuning!...you surely don't need to tune that often anyhow!! I find twice in a show just enough to be sure...Usuallly before each set (and the standby is on anyway then!!)

I run out into my peterson from the rec out..would never dream of putting it anywhere near my 'tone'

AssaultMotive said:
leadfootdriver: I was looking to take my PODXT PRO (since my triaxis got put in, its strickly a tuner/backup preamp) out of my rack and replace it with a korg tuner like the one you have in your rack. I wanted to ask you about a rumor I heard. Have you ever had a problem with muting the signal to tune? I've heard from others with Korg tuners that it doesn't completely or at all mute the signal.

I don't have it in the signal path. I run a line from the recording outs into the tuner. I run my Lexicon in the loop, and the TriAxis outs go directly to the power amp.

I assume you didn't mean this:

moving_breasts_2.gif

So you must mean this:

265904-l.jpg

What good is a rack without a pedalboard? :D

jbw

(The problem is: Once you get your rack, the tendency is to continue to augment it!) :twisted:

mrcomputer said:
I assume you didn't mean this:

moving_breasts_2.gif

What good is a rack without a pedalboard? :D

jbw

(The problem is: Once you get your rack, the tendency is to continue to augment it!) :twisted:

Well... what can I say... I really couldn't resist this one... so let's see how long till this thread gets trashed, burned and removed... :lol:

Bounce.gif

I knew eventually this thread would go bonkers...
While I always love a good pair of hooters, this was/is a great thread.
Hopefully we continue to see more boogies than boobies...

Light & Portable. The rack bag is quite heavy though, almost like a real heavy amp, probably 20 Kilos.

Setup: Music Man JP6 Piezo Guitar > Triaxis > Sansamp Para Driver* > G-Major > 20/20 > Fireface 800 Audio Card** > 2 x 12 Recto Cab

:: Alesis F2 Expression pedal > Rocktron MidiMate Midi Controller

* Used as speaker simulation for recording and sometimes to warm up the sound in the recto cabinet.
** Used as audio matrix and recording interface. AKG K601 Headphones & Alesis M1Active 620 for audio monitoring.

The rack is custom made:

Whats in the rack:
DSC01250.jpg

Mesa Quad
Ibanez AD202 Analog Delay
DOD Series II EQ (Stereo)
DOD Series II Compressor (Stereo)
Cheapo Power Strip (Should be Furman)

I only use the EQ and Compressor for the 2nd channel which is the signal i send to my ampeg. The signal chain is as follows:

1980 Gibson 335-S > Quad > Main Out > AD202 > FX return Simul-Satellite >THD Hotplate > Lineout to DOD EQ and Compressor > Ampeg B2 Combo

The idea is to capture the sound of the output tubes in the Simul-Satellite and send that signal to the Ampeg to fatten up the low end. Works well. Problem with taking the signal form someplace else is that the Ampeg gets farty and stays cleaner while the Satellite overdrives and sound better. This is casue the Ampeg is SS and does not benefit from being pushed with a boost pedal. It gets louder and sounds crappier... I'll need to replace it with a good tube bass amp one day...

Side Shot + Guitar:
DSC01248.jpg

Latest posts

Back