117 to 230 volts in a mesa boogie 20/20

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

linoleum

Reaction score
Anyone knows the exact modification that I have to do on a 20/20 to work with 230V.
I've bought one in USA but I'm in spain, so...
the only information that I've found in the forum is that I will need to change three links, the varistor and of course the fuses. what links? to what type of varistor? what fuses?

a lot of thanks guys!!

DSC00502.jpg

DSC00501.jpg

2020Primary.jpg

Three photos. 1. the 20/20 2. close up of the links 3. sketch from Mat at Mesa Boogie UK.
The varister (the green thing glued to the blue cap) I got from Boogie's UK distributor, it didn't have any markings on it. I can't remember what I did with the fuses other than they were changed to suit 240v.
Ian

Does this kind of easy mod to change from 110V > 230V also apply to the TriAxis?

Is it possible to change the voltage to the 2:100 power and the pre recto from 100V to 220v?

a lot of thanks to PRS-Ian for the reply, now I am searching information about the european varistor. the american varistor is Sincera 20D201K

I had the triaxis and there isn't an easy way to change the voltage, I supose that you can change the transformer.
http://www.tubeampdoctor.com/product_info.php?products_id=868

In the 2:100, I always heard that the only mesa power amp that can do this conversion easily is de 20/20. so, change the transformer.

Im afraid I don't. That's a Mesa/Boogie part #, they try and force you to buy off them instead of just telling you what part type and rating you need.

A Boogie dealer/distributor should be able to provide you with one, at a cost.
The only place i could find them online was here:
http://www.gemusikk.no/shop/default.asp?page=product.asp&prodno=174095
and again, they don't tell you the exact spec of the part. (65NOK is about 8 euro)

Hi,

I don't want to hijack this thread, but my concern is quite similar except I've just moved from France to Canada. So as you may be guessing I'd like to transform a 220V Mesa Fifty/Fifty into a 110V.

Do you know if it's possible? If so could anyone recommend me a good technician in Montreal to handle the job?
BTW, I also have a Marhall JMP1 that I may like to mod the same way. Any comments and advice about it?

Back