Problems with Mesa Boogie 2:Fifty

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mesa/Toobie

Reaction score
Hey Guys, hope you can help me with this:

Yesterday I had problems with my new 2:fifty poweramp: I switched the power-switch on while the standby-switch was switched off and the volume-knobs were turned to zero, so far so good. Then I waited about a minute so that the tubes could prepare to be used (the manual sais, that you have to wait half a minute before you switch the standby to on position). Then I switchend the standby on and after that I heard a short buzzy and noisy sound and then the fuse was blown. So I changed the fuse and tried again to turn the amp on but the same problem appeared. What did I do wrong?

Thank you very, very much for your help and support!

Mesa/Toobie

Chased Crime
aggro-prog-metal from germany

visit our homepage at: http://www.chasedcrime.de

I had a similar problem a few months ago when I got my 50/50. It turned out to be two bad power tubes. I ended up having a string of five bad Boogie power tubes in a row. Since retubing with JJ 6L6's it's worked perfectly.

Sounds like one or more power tubes. Check your manual for the troubleshooting section, it will explain how to figure it out.

Mark

Back