crosstalk on a 2:100

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moshwitz

Reaction score
Sup? :)
well...i woke up this morning and turned my rig on and got to noticing something....crosstalk between the A and B channels of the 2:100. can someone check something on yours for me please.
you'll need a cab on both channels.

take a preamp with a distortion patch kickin, and plug it into channel "A" "normal" only.
Strum a little to make sure chan. "A" is kickin,,,then turn chan "A" all the way down and turn "B"{with nothing at the input} up and see if you get any bleed off the signal from "A".
also try the same test with the inputs reversed.

has anyone ever had this happen on any other stereo tube power amp? do you think the input tubes might be the culprit?
any help would be great.

MOSH ON
DAVE

1) How loud is it?

2) Does it really matter that much?

Just asking....my rack's put away and I don't feel like diging it out, particularily since this doesn't strike me as anything to be bothered about.

screamingdaisy said:
1) How loud is it?

2) Does it really matter that much?

Just asking....my rack's put away and I don't feel like diging it out, particularily since this doesn't strike me as anything to be bothered about.

1) loud enough that i notice it between the channels, cause i run a diffrent pre on each side.

2) well....ya,,,if it is not supposed to do it. i'm just curious if it is a common thing,,or if it is a bad tube thing, maybe the circut that links "A" and "B" together when you use the recto inputs and the cable link has some sort of bleed problem thats manafesting itself in the "normal " inputs,or something else entirely. When i got it, it was buble wrapped, then placed in a foam lined box, then that box was placed in a larger foam lined box, when it got to me, it had bent rack ears and a 6l6 laying in the chassis. that tube would produce some noise when tapped on, the "very rightious " dude i got it from sent me a quad of older working tubes to help rectify the situation,,and it did ,,,that noise was gone. it wasn't untill today that i noticed this little qweerk,,,just trying to get to the bottom of it :wink:

BTW thanks for posting about the tube assignments of the recto pre and the 2:100,,,very informative and good stuff to know. you had said...

Now, I just need to clarify with Boogie if the 2:100's Driver tubes (V2 & V3) are the phase inverters.....

As well, I asked them which 6L6s were paired together, so I'll add that info too when I get it.

did you ever hear anything more about this?

i have found that when looking at it from the front,, the four on the left are channel "A" and the 4 on the right are channel "B". i found this by turning off the light and turning each channel up seperatly and chugging an "E" to see which 4 were pumping.

yard009.jpg

uvinvert.jpg

MOSH ON
DAVE

moshwitz said:
did you ever hear anything more about this?

I never did find out if the driver tubes and phaser inverters are the same thing.

but, I did find out that the tubes are pair as such (looking at amp from back);

- B1 - B1 - A1 - A1
B2 - B2 - A2 - A2

So, the B tubes belong to channel B, and the A tubes to channel A.....the tubes marked a 1 are pair together, as are the one's marked with a 2.

Even though I only use one preamp, I usually run delays in stereo and I've never noticed crosstalk on mine, but I'll check it out in detail tomorrow and let you know.

moshwitz said:
anyone?? :?:
MOSH ON
DAVE

I couldn't get to it today....had to work late then run to band practice....now it's to late to fire the amp up.

I'm not busy tommorrow though, and I'm interested to find out myself.

Sup?
OK,,i got one guy confirming the same deal with his 2:100,,,,anyone else??
i'd really like to know :?:
MOSH ON
DAVE

Latest posts

Back