Marshall 9100! help please:)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dongh1217

Reaction score
Hi guys:

There is a Marshall 9100 monoblock poweramp coming into my singht I current does not own any poweramp, would a 9100 be a OK choice for my Triaxis?

I love the sound from my Triaxis with my friend's 20/20, but there's no way that I could afford it untill 2008 because I'm living in New Zealand, and local Mesa price sucks hard.

Any comments would be great, cheers! :D
Dong

Sorry, I cant help you with the Marshall 9100, but have you thought about buying used Boogie gear on eBay in the States and shipping it home?
Most of my Boogie gear came from the States and has been shipped here to the UK. I use a Triaxis with a 20/20 power amp and to me the combination is excellent. The 20/20 amp has a duel voltage transformer and changing from 110V to 240v was VERY simple. Just a thought!

PRS-Ian said:
The 20/20 amp has a duel voltage transformer and changing from 110V to 240v was VERY simple. Just a thought!

That's some cool info :D

BTW, what does the switch at rear of unit (close to the far-left tube) on 2020 do, since its not labled and never been mentioned in the manual?? :?:

Its the ground lift switch and you're right its not mentioned in the manual. Just taken a look at a couple of photos I have of the amp, with the switch 'pulled' towards the back of the amp the ground is 'lifted'. Underneath nearest 12AX7 valve (tube) to the switch is a sticky label, unfortunatley I can't read it clearly from the photo, as the valve is in the way - I'll take a look tonight.

PRS-Ian said:
Its the ground lift switch and you're right its not mentioned in the manual. Just taken a look at a couple of photos I have of the amp, with the switch 'pulled' towards the back of the amp the ground is 'lifted'. Underneath nearest 12AX7 valve (tube) to the switch is a sticky label, unfortunatley I can't read it clearly from the photo, as the valve is in the way - I'll take a look tonight.

cool, thank you, BTW, did you do the deep mod on 20:20? :D

Just for info. the sticker reads:
LIFTED (with arrow pointing to back of amp) Normal (with arrow pointing to front of amp)
GROUND ISOLATION
Lifts circuit ground from metal chasis ground to reduce ground-loop in rack installations.

With regard to the 'Fat Mod', I downloaded (from somewhere) the details but I've never read them. My main concern at the time of getting the amp was to do the 110/240 v conversion.
Ian

Back