Options to FU-2 footswitch for quad ?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EdgeOfDarkness

Reaction score
What are some other ways to control the Quad other than needing the fu-2 ?

Other than building something custom, any other switches work ?

The FU2 is not just a simple on/off switch as it incorporates some computer chips inside. You need an FU2 switch or you can use an external trigger (like the axxess midi controlled switcher or the relay out of the G major) to change channels. Other than that you're stuck.

Greg

What type of cable does the Fu-2 switch need ?
Is it just a 4 pin XLR , 4 pins on both ends ?

Thanks., That was my only concern about buying one without a cable, But I have seen 4 pin XLR cables all over the net, mainly used for lighting.
Right now I have a bid on a midi switcher, if i lose the bid I will just get a FU-2.

EdgeOfDarkness said:
Thanks., That was my only concern about buying one without a cable, But I have seen 4 pin XLR cables all over the net, mainly used for lighting.
Right now I have a bid on a midi switcher, if i lose the bid I will just get a FU-2.
I can say from personal experience, stay away from the 4 pin xlr's used for lighting on ebay. They are the correct ends, but the one I got had a 2 conductor wire, like a lamp cord.
I then searched long and hard for a 4 conductor shielded cable.
You could always ask about the cable.

Another option is to get more tip to ground switches, and connect them to the external jacks. Of course you would have to turn one off, and then one on.

I was going to get a Midi system but I found a FU-2 on here instead.
Now i need to find a 4 pin (4 conductor ) XLR.
Any Idea's ? other than making my own ?

I know you said you didn't want to make a custom one...

Fellow Member Neemo DIY project...
http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=10020&highlight=fu2

Latest posts

Back