Noise gate for Triaxis

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xcpointx

Reaction score
Anybody using or see the need for a noise gate with the TA? Ive seen pics of some rigs with a Rocktron Hush in use.

Although I find I dont get any uncontrollable feedback - good pickups, good guitar, good player ;) haha - to get things cleaner and tighter a noise gate is in order.

Any recommedations?

I use Rocktron's Hush Super C, and find it to be superb. But I put it in the Triaxis effects loop, so I can choose to have it in or out by each preset (generally out for clean "rhythm" modes). I don't put any other effects in this loop, and generally don't recommend using the Triaxis loop, but have found it very useful for the Hush.

As with all (I think all, though I've not tried the ISP Decimator) noise gates, you'd probably be better off without it if you're using the volume control on your guitar very much, because you won't be able to anticipate what threshold to set. Also, if you're inclined to using delays or reverbs before your preamp, you'll discover the annoyance of having tails cut off.

The nice thing about the ISP Decimator ProRack and ProRackG is that they are two channel. One for the input and one for in the loop. Both gate/expanders listen to the guitar for signal. Read about the technology at their site. It is really amazing! On need to switch it in and out for clean and dirty. They are also VERY transparent!

imott said:
The nice thing about the ISP Decimator ProRack and ProRackG is that they are two channel. One for the input and one for in the loop. Both gate/expanders listen to the guitar for signal. Read about the technology at their site. It is really amazing! On need to switch it in and out for clean and dirty. They are also VERY transparent!

Thanks for the link - I read up on it. Sounds nice: twice the processor - great idea :D Alas, at twice the price :(
It's on my wish list, for when I get rich.

- T

Timbre Wolf said:
imott said:

Thanks for the link - I read up on it. Sounds nice: twice the processor - great idea :D Alas, at twice the price :(
It's on my wish list, for when I get rich.

- T

Yeah...But it is well worth the dough!

imott said:

sounds just like the built in noise gate on my Carvin Quad X preamp. That worked really well.

Latest posts

Back