50/50 making odd noises

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rocknroll5000

Reaction score
Hey guys. I'm new to the board, but I've been reading around, and you guys seems pretty knowledgeable. I need some help. I recently bought a 50/50 to go with the triaxis that I've had for a year or so. I love the tones I'm getting out of that combination.
The problem is: When on high power, the 50/50 causes my speakers to sound like they're being turned off and on (boom boom) over and over. Eventually it fades away, but it frequently returns. I called the mesa/boogie reps in CA, and they said that it's a possibility that changing tubes would fix it, but it doesn't sound like the tubes need replacing, and I'd hate to invest in new tubes on the off-chance that it'll fix my problem. The amp sounds much better in High Power mode, so this is a pretty serious issue.
Help a brother out,
Carlos

I would listen to the guys at Mesa, they know what they're talking about. I've got a 50/50 and the only problems I've had have been power tubes.

Back