Rectro Standard Cab vs Traditional Cab

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vanman

Reaction score
Gents,

I own a 2:90 and a TriAxis. Currently I use two ADA 2x12 cabinets. I am going to buy a Rectro 4x12 cabinet from Guitar Center. It's a two hour drive from where I am from. I need advise.

Should I purchase the oversized standard cabinet or the traditional size one? I have read some notes on the net about the oversized cabinet sounding muddy. I find that hard to believe. I am looking for killer bottom end. You know big and thick!

Thanks alot guys.
Van Man

I checked out half a dozen different cabs before buying the standard RECTO cab, but I knew what I was looking for, large bass, with a more physical sound (im trying to be descriptive lol!). The traditionals just sound a little tighter, but in my humble opinion, a little smaller.

Standard cabs are not muddy at all, it is more bassy than the Trad though, but hey they all have there use.

What kind of music you using it for?

The trads. have a more pronounced mid-range(a + factor in my book, being that I can't stand scooped mids) and tighter bass(sometimes good, sometimes bad)

Latest posts

Back