Help with wiring up a guitar rig

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave S

Reaction score
I am looking for help wiring up my guitar rig. It's been years since I played guitar but I am in the process of dusting off a rig I purchased when I was young and had plenty of money!! Before I got married and had a family etc etc!
The rig consists of the following..
2 of 2 X 12 Mesa Boogie speaker cabs
Simul-class 2 Ninety power amp
Triaxis
Rocktron Intellifex-Online
Rocktron Midi mate foot controller
Roland EV-5 Volume foot pedal
Dudda BudWah Pedal
Boss TU-2 tuner

I am thinking of adding the following to the rig
Furman PL-Pro DMC E
Decimator Prorack G Stereo
Korg Pitchblack pro tuner

I live in Ireland where we have a 220V 50Hz Electricity supply.
I am wondering if the Furman I have in mind is sufficient for this rig or should I get better, if better exists.
Can anyone give me a connection diagram showing the best way to connect all this up.

I would also appreciate help deciding what type/brand of cables to use. I have been thinking about 'Monster' cables? What is the general opinion? are they as good as their price would suggest or is there better?

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks

Nice rig. The other guitar player in an old band has almost the same setup.

I would go with:
Boss TU-2 ->Volume Pedal ->Wah
Into the triaxis

From triaxis outputs into the Simul
Then into the speaker cabs.

Don't for get to use speaker cables from the amp to speakers. You probably know that but it still surprises me how many guitar players use instrument cables from power amp to speaker.

I assume the midi mate plugs directly into the triaxis midi-in. I haven't used a midi setup in over a decade so I can't really say much. Although, it seems like Intellifex -> efx loop of triaxis, then midi thru of triaxis to midi in of Intellifex.

As far as cables, get decent ones. I think Monster cables are overpriced. Plenty of people claim to hear the difference. Who knows? I get whatever has a good warranty. I use Whirlwind, Planet Waves, Hosa etc...

For short patches, such as from Triaxis to power amp, I would keep them short just to minimize the amount of cable. I use 18" to 1m.

For speaker cables, I like to have just enough length to reach from the power amp to the cab. I use 12 gauge or 14 gauge speaker cable at minimum. 10 gauge if I can find it. I also use right angle plugs to minimize the pull/weight from the jacks.

Hi there,

I'd go with Jediguitarist except I'd put the Intellifex between the pre and power amps.
This is how I've done the G Major 2. I've also used the G Major as a stereo spitter, mono in-stereo out, don't know if the Intellifex does this?
If you have a switcher/looper, such as the GCX, you can switch it in and out with CC or per preset.

Hey, Thanks for the help. Hope to wire everything up for Christmas and get back playing again. It was always a great way to unwind after a hard day!!!
Thanks again, much appreciated...
Dave

Latest posts

Back