Fillmore 100 - What’s similar?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ebagjones

Reaction score
I’ve had a Fillmore 100 for about a year and a half now. Suffice to say, the hi-gain channel with the gain dimed and maybe pushed by a tubescreamerish pedal set clean pushing it has become my favorite heavy lead tone. I honestly don’t know why it doesn’t get more praise. Anyways, I’m looking for a second amp for our rehearsal space, and I’m thinking I’m getting another Mesa. I’d hate to get the exact same model, so my question is, what other Mesa is closest to that kind of tone? Based on clips I’m thinking maybe the Mark II setting on the Mark V, or maybe the Drive channel on the Triple Crown? Anybody with experience have any tips? Thanks

I've not tried these amps personally, I do have a Fillmore 100 combo on the way though. Your needs are different to mine but whilst in the process of elimination for all things Boogie I came across the Badlander 100 which may or may not suite your needs if you haven't considered it. EL34's but you can fit it out with 6L6's apparently.

Believe it or not for me its the Badlander. I have the Fillmore 100 and recently purchased the Badlander 50 combo. I run them both through Celestion redbacks and the higher settings on the Fillmore are similar for me on the lower settings on the badlander. Im more of a Hard rock/classic rock player and these two amps have a nice overlap. And with a boost the Fillmore is as heavy as I ever need, but the badlander in the higher gain settings is stellar. With these two amps I have the 60s through 2021 tones covered.

Back