New Nomad User

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grovedale

Reaction score
I recently picked up a Nomad 45 2-12. This thing sounds so good. Anyone here have any tone settings they wish to share? I am having good luck with channel 2 and 3, and can get a pretty good clean sound out of channel 1 but not truly happy with it. Thanks.

Welcome to the family.

I should have a Nomad db up in the next 2-3 weeks.

Ned

Congrats dude!

The Nomad is definitely a great choice. THE BEST~! and I repeat THE BEST clean channel out there!

And the drive channels are so rich and bluesy. When I bought my Recto, it was a very close choice between the recto and Nomad, I just needed the extra edge the Recto tone gave. But the Nomad is AWESOME!!

Have fun!

I would get it done sooner but next week is very hectic work wise with meetings all week until 9:30pm.

I'm also in the middle of trying to put a band together and have a jam session Thursday night which I need to learn about 4 tunes before then.

Ned

ndc31 said:
The Nomad is definitely a great choice. THE BEST~! and I repeat THE BEST clean channel out there!
You know, this is where I find it to be lacking. If you've got some good settings for the clean channel, please share. I'm starting to like my channel 1, but it's taken months!

Also, I have found a big difference in the Nomads from one version to another. I never liked the Nomad 55, but I ended up buying the 100.

I lied. Went ahead and finished the Nomad database. I split the input screens into 2 - Nomad 100 (due to the EQ) and Nomad 45/55. Where there other form factors other than the head and a 2x12 combo?

Ned

ned said:
I lied. Went ahead and finished the Nomad database. I split the input screens into 2 - Nomad 100 (due to the EQ) and Nomad 45/55. Where there other form factors other than the head and a 2x12 combo?

Ned

Good work Ned. So where is the Database?

http://www.grailtone.com/tone-settings/tone-settings.html

Under Boogie Amps click on input Submit Nomad Settings to enter your settings in the db and View Nomad Settings to see other peoples settings.

Ned

hey!! welcome to nomand land.

first, the ONLY good tone that comes out of that amp is with the EXTREME switch on in the back. it wakes the amp up, making it very urgent, and bring out the tone of the little bottles.

once you've got that part down, heres my tone settings, played through an open back 2x12, with a duncan loaded strat.

clean:
normal(clean) mode
gain: 10:45
volume: 1:30
presense: 2:00-5:00(depending on pickup)adjust for sparkle
treble: 1:30
mid: 7:00-9:30 (this adusts the body and thickness more then just mids)
bass: 11:30

the tone of this is VERY clean, kind of midplace between black and silverface, depending on what pickup you play. leaves lots of headroom, so theres zero breakup.

red channel:

if your sound is getting lost in the mix at a show or jam, and you need a super thick, meaty sound, this is it for you. now..this works with my nomad, but it might not yours, as i think i have a glitch, let me know...

gain:1:30
master:1:30
presense: 2:00
treble: roll off ALL the treble
mids: between 2:00 and full
bass:12:00

with this setup, the treble, between off and 9:00, acts like a comressor, taking out some of the grit and chunk. the mid control acts like a grit dial, at 2:00, its chunky, but at full, it sounds like a cranked marshall, all nasty and narly. the bass control acts as a chunk and grit limitor. if you keep it low, the sound stays very thick and allows ALL the mids through, youll enver get lost. if you add some bass, more and more, it focuses up a little and takes some of the mids out.

i've found omst of the tone controls act this way under extreme mode, acting more as tone shaping tools then a simple eq. if you move one, your gonna have to move anmother. let me know waht you tihnk of these settings..

Back