Good wireless for Roadster

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

domct203

Boogie Supporter
Reaction score
I'll be getting my Roadster soon (thank you Tax Man!) and may have some $ to put on a wireless (I'm thinking around $250). I play a Les Paul with EMG's so I'm looking for something that will handle a hot guitar signal as well as put out a decent level to the amp.

Any suggestions?

Dom

Guitarzan said:
I understand... However, wireless units are a prime example of you get what you pay for.

+1 to that... don't cheap out on a wireless if you get one.

I've got a sampson airline. The one thats like the bug that right on the plug (no body pack). It's great when switching guitars during a gig. I've been using it for years now with absolutely no problems. It also has a pad on it (15 or 20 db cant remember of hand) that works great from hot pick ups. Very small and compact unit. The reciever is the size of a stomp box and sits on my pedal board. I believe they're also in the $250 range. I actually have two transmitters. One for strat type guiatrs and one for gibson styles. For the money they're great.

Guitarzan wrote:
I understand... However, wireless units are a prime example of you get what you pay for.

parsky1 wrote:
+1 to that... don't cheap out on a wireless if you get one.

Sounds like good advise. I'm going to atleast check out that Sampson. It would be convienent to have the receiver in the pedalboard.

I think for now I'll take that $250 and spend it on some toys from Axess Electronics http://www.axess-electronics.com

The CFX4 would fit right in with my G-Major and the GRX4 could end my stage pedal dance.

Dom

Back