Has anyone sucessfully modded their FX loop to Serial???

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tele_jas

Reaction score
I'm still looking for that perfect amp and want to go with a T-verb but I don't want a paralell FX loop. I know the 1994 t-verbs had a serial loop but if I cant find a '94 t-verb, how hard is it to re-run the Fx loop to be a serial loop? Anyone had luck with this?? If so, did it change the sound any??

The reason behind the serial loop is so I can have a volume boost for solos on the t-verb..... I could use a pedal or a boost pedal to give me that extra "umph" and volume for a solo.

I did the mod on my DC-5. It was super simple. You will want to call Mesa and have them send you the T-verb how to schematic though.

Chris

I did the mod on my DC-5. It was super simple. You will want to call Mesa and have them send you the T-verb how to schematic though.

Chris

Alright, I'll hold you to that and go ahead and get a Tremoverb..... But if I can't do it, you owe me $1100 or so!! :lol: :lol: :lol: Just kidding, but I did list my Triple Recto on ebay earlier today in hopes of getting a Tremoverb soon.

I've done it before on my Dual Rectifier. It doesn't effect the tone at all, but you won't be able to switch the effects loop on or off with the included footswitch. The mod involves some rewiring on the MIX pot. Super easy. But definately get the schematic from mesa first.

Well, I got the schematics from Boogie. I'll save them to my hard drive if anyone needs them in the future. They're for a 2 channel rectifier/t-verb. Thanks for the info!

I gave mine to our soundman/tube amp repair man (best in my area) and he is going to have it back to me this week and said it'll run me about $40 - $50 for parts and labor (parts: shorting 1/4 inch jack). I'll let everyone know how it turned out and if it works the way I'm hoping it will.

tele_jas,
Have you tried the boost in the parallel FX loop? Just curious if you will have a before and after comparison....I am curious to hear what you find.
On another tread I mentioned I was getting a Boss GT-8 to pair up with my Tverb. So far so good using the 4 Cable Method. As long as the FX chain is set up correctly to keep the modulating type of effects in front of the preamp everything sounds great! The Tremoverb is definitely capable of decent cleans, but I don't use clean all that often and I think I can get some pretty good clean tones out of the GT-8s preamps. That will open the door to setup both channels of the Tremoverb with Gain modes. Maybe Orange w/Vintage Gain and Red with Modern or maybe clone Red to Orange and use Vintage Gain on both, but have one set up with more gain and volume for leads. I tend to lean towards the Vintage Gain.
I got a lot of experimenting to do :lol:

Yep, I did try it out with the parallel loop first and didn't like what I heard. It seemed to change the tone too much, even with a volume pedal. Like I said, I hope to have it back this week and I'll post my findings when I do.

I also agree with you on the Vintage gain settings, that is my favorite and there's nothing "vintage" about it either :wink:

Oh wow...... This over a year old!! I just searched my computer here at work and dind't find the schematics?!?! I'll look at home, if they're not there then I don't have them any more. I should know by tomorrow. If all else fails, you can call Boogie and they'll send them to you.

Sorry didnt check the date!

So I'm also curious, after your mod, was the effects loop still switchable?

Thanks!

I'll contact Boogie as well, don't want to make you go digging through too much stuff :)

canon said:
Sorry didnt check the date!

So I'm also curious, after your mod, was the effects loop still switchable?

Thanks!

Yes it was, I was told by Boogie that it probably wouldn't be switchable but my amp guy looked at it and said he didn't see why it wouldn't be. He said if it wasn't FX switchable then he'd change it back for me and not charge any extra, so I gave it a shot and it worked just like I had hoped!

I wanted the FX modded and foot switchable so I could run a volume pedal in the loop to keep the volume softer when the loop was on and work as a solo boost when I would bypass the loop..... worked like a charm.

Here it is boyz!

loop_mod.jpg
[/url]

Anthony1967
:twisted:

hm well it seems for tele he was still able to turn the loop on and off with the included footswitch, but for the other poster with the dual recto, he could no longer turn it on/off with the footswitch. Is there a way to still turn it on and off with a midi controler/switcher, for example the amp gizmo? I want to mod mine to serial so I can get the most out of my effects in my g-system I just bought, but don't like the idea of not being able to toggle it on/off on the fly...especially if my effects needs change.

Latest posts

Back