Need suggestions on New Tubes

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

acidsid75

Reaction score
Hello
I want to change my tubes in my triple rectifier. I need more useable gain and the sound is very mushy. I have been reading around and was interested in the integrated sextet set with a high gain pre option sold by eurotubes. Has or does anyone use this? Also I have read good things about Groove Tubes. I want a heavy channel (Killswitch Engage, ect.), a good rock old school heavy metal channel and the third channel be a good clean channel that brakes up good when driven by an overdrive pedal (Boss sd-1). Any suggestions will greatly be appreciated.

I have his hi-gain preamp set for the mark IV and matched quad for the mark IV.

All it will be in that set will be 4 ECC83S's and one PI ECC83S. + 6 matched 6L6's.

They go sweet in my mark IV, I'm sure they'll do the same to your triple recto.

I put the Eurotubes setup in my Champ and a set of matched hi gain ECC83S's in my Cream Machine which worked very well. Can't go wrong with Bob at Eurotubes.

Ned

I use Svetlana 6L6GC's in my Recto. Very harmonically rich, plenty of thump. I also like to dime the clean channel gain and boost with a Wylde OD, which is similar to the SD-1.....very old school sounding.

My personal fav is the Eurotubes high gain kit with GZ34/5AR4 rectifier tubes. Really wanted to try the JJ power tubes as well, but I lost a tube at rehearsal the other day and couldnt wait the 3-5 days shipping. Ended up using the STR454's (Svets I believe?) and they are not bad at all. Still going to try the JJ's. Triple-rec for hard rock/prog/old-school metal.

I love the JJ E34Ls. I have a set of those in my Recto, and absolutely love them. I've had Svets, Sovs, and about anything else in there, and always keep going back to JJs. I also like their 6L6s, but not nearly as much as the E34Ls. They have a high end bite, and more grit than 6L6s.

Doug at dougs tubes can help you out here.

If you are not familiar with doug, he is highly recommended by many HC users, Myself included. He has a wealth of Knowledge on tubes and has been very willing to talk with me regarding achievable tones via different tubes.

He also has GREAT prices on tubes.

If interested Check him out.

http://dougstubes.com/

Ordering Information:

email order to: [email protected] or call 516-314-0357 to place an order.

Back