anyone played the Lonestar 212 with EL34'S?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

regotheamigo

Reaction score
Hello everyone I am new to this board, because I bought a Lonestar 212 and should have it in a couple of weeks. Just wondering if it sounds as good with the EL34'S? I tried out about 6 or 7 high end boutique amps and none of them came even close to the Lonestar. Anyone who owns one will tell you that it just has the most inspiring tone that you will ever hear. Some of the amps that came up short were the Bogner Shiva, Fuchs Overdrive 30 watt, the THD Flexi (This in my opinion was the best of the bunch), a Carvin Lagacy, a couple of modded Marshall's and a Peavy Satriani model. I love fat round creamy tone like Eric Johnson, The Cream, etc, and this thing just nails it man! The clean tone is the best I have ever heard to, as far as the reverb. Its hard to describe but it just sounds like its in perfect harmony with the amp. Just an amazing amp all the way around. :D

I am running Boogie EL34's in my Lonestar 1X12, and I like them better that the stock 6L6's...I find that the amp "breathes" more..and has more top end "sizzle than before..the clean channel will "break up" a little easier, which I like...but that's personal taste really.....the nice thing is it's easy to experiment with tubes in a Boogie!!!

Back