Subway Blues Power Tubes Daughter Board Rebuild

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pyramid Head

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I've got a Subway Blues that broke down a while ago. While I'm repairing it, I thought that as I'm already working in the Chassis I could seize the opportunity to make some improvements.

It's a late model with Bright/Fat Switch with 1/2 Power Speaker Jack and unpotted circuits.

These amps run INSANELY hot! I wouldn't have it any other way as the cranked tone is great, but the way the amp was designed make it particularly vulnerable to heat.

All the amp's tubes are PCB mounted...

Since the Power Tubes run so hot and that I've discovered that a resistor had already been replaced on the daughter board, I have decided to remove that board, use chassis mounted EL84 sockets and wire the few components around them either on a small Turret Board or using Solder Lugs, Terminal Strips, to take everything away from the heat.

However, I would like your input on how you would layout the components, how you would go about with this project.

I have included a picture of the Daughter Board with all Traces highlighted and identified all components.

I could include the Schematic if you need it.

Thanks!

Daughter Board:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DYGr91P73X87qPDY-I4KLQyKXFarr3mp/view?usp=drivesdk

Back