NAD: Mesa Badlander.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

msi

Reaction score
Picked up a new Badlander today. Haven't had a chance to plug it into a cab yet. Hoping it will be a good addition to my list of amps.

0qSsMbFh.jpg

It is different than my rack rectifier. I was playing both of them through a loadbox with the same IR and the Dual Rectifier is the tone we all know. But the badlander doesn't feel like it has as much gain and for me feels more like a Marshall.

Well, it has been a while and I've sold it for $350......

No. I've had more chances to try it out and am liking it more. I've decided my opinion of the gain was just first impressions and expectations. I compared it to the Dual Rectifier above it and am pretty happy with the gain. I still feel it has less than the Dual Rectifier but not by much. I've been trying a few speaker impulses to see what works.

I'm not sure how you could say the Badlander has less gain than a dual rectifier. Granted, I've never played the Racktifier, and maybe yours has the gain mod with the 1 meg gain knob. I'm a metal player, I've had rectifiers for the past 10 years, and a Dual Rectifier is unusable for metal without an overdrive pedal in front. The magic of the Dual Rec comes out with an overdrive in front, absolutely.

The Badlander should have had more gain, but it does not need an overdrive to get great high-gain metal tones. So I'm not sure how you could say it has less gain.

I misspoke when I said less gain. What I had intended was the gain is more focused. There is plenty of gain on tap.

Back