Looking for Enter Sandman tone settings on Mark 35.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evamodel00

Reaction score
Hi all,

nice to meet everyone.

I've been playing guitar for about two years now and I just purchased my first nicer amp. I got a mark v 35/25/10. Loving it so far. I've been researching some youtube videos on presets, tone suggestions and I was able to get very close to master of puppets on the crunch channel of the 1st channel.

I was wondering if maybe anyone has dialed in a good enter sandman rhythm tone on one of these and has settings suggestions? That's what I'm dying to get. I'd really appreciate it. I read in a few places that I think the song rhythm was recorded on a mark iv. So should I be scoping out that channel then?

Any advice appreciated. Thanks a ton guys and have a good night.

Sure. Treble 9, gain 7-9 Mid 0, Bass 3,Prescence 2, Mark IV mode, 35w watt mode,
graphic settings 240 and 2200 near top of slider, 80 and 6600 a slider width below them, 750 near to all the way off at the bottom.
(The EMGs if you use them will probably require a little less gain but if its regular gibson p'ups,, the 7-9 works well) Hope that helps.

Hey thank you very much.

For clarification, when you say "Treble 9" do you mean 9'oclock or 9 on a scale of 1-10? Sorry dumb question I know but just want to make sure.

You might want to play with the mid settings a bit. In a recent "Tone Talk" episode on YouTube, Bob Rock explained that a Jose-modded Marshall was utilized to dial in some of the midrange that was missing. (He also claimed that the main Mesa/Boogie was a Mk III. Not too sure about that. I'd previously heard the Mk II "Crunch Berries" and a Mk IV were used, but never a Mk III...) Speakers should be Vintage 30s or similar. There's also phase cancellation that occurred from using multiple mics. And a parametric EQ in the loop. And... Who knows what else!

"He also claimed that the main Mesa/Boogie was a Mk III."

I've heard that the MK III Green Stripe was similar to a MK IV, so that is believable.

Back