NAD: Mesa Boogie Studio Caliber DC 2

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bblooz

Reaction score
Well, to be honest I needed another amp like a hole in the head, but when a super deal drops into your lap, you just have to make an exception and make room for just one more! A local cat was having an estate sale for a late neighbor, and practically gave me this Mesa Boogie DC2 Studio Caliber combo because it wouldn't power up. Well, I found the fuse cap is missing, so obviously no mains power. Hopefully this will be rectified soon, as I'm sorting through parts bins looking for a replacement. I can't loose, as the speaker alone is worth more than I paid for this boat anchor (god these are heavy amps - what do they make the cabinets out of, cement board?!) I;m guessing the mfr date is ~1994, since the serial # is below 1000. Sound samples will have to wait until I get this baby running!

I’m new here, but I also just a dc2 about a week ago. Still trying to figure it out. I really like it so far. It runs really hot.. I hope that’s normal. I believe it still has the stock tubes in it. I’m looking to by some replacements soon.

Good luck with it !

Back