Mini Rectifier disconnected power cable: flash light, smoke and melted plastic. HELP!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ludo

Reaction score
Hi guys!
I have a Mini Rectifier which is plugged to a Torpedo Live loadbox inside a rack via a standard powercable (8 ohm).
Unfortunately in the last session I didn't notice that the power cable was completely unplugged from the loadbox...when I tried to send guitar audio signal to the amp I saw a white flash light, a lot of smoke and melted plastic on the amp. I rapidly switched all off and unplugged everything.
After waiting some time, I plugged wires again (this time the power cable too) and swithced the amp on. As soon as I switch the STANDBY on the ON position, I see again the flash light and smoke coming form the amp (some components are still melting down).
I am not an electrical expert...what can I do? Is the output transformer gone? Or the tubes?

Thanks for any help!

Don't mess with it. Take it directly to a qualified amp tech and let him handle it.

Any other advice is wrong.

Back