Roadster and Helix Help

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ohaire

Reaction score
I've been digging about this issue, but I feel like I keep running into dead-ends.

I'm currently playing a Roadster and looking to add some form of Helix version (Rack, LT or HX effects) to simplify my having to tap dance on pedals for many things.

From what I've been reading a Midi Controller is what I'll be needing to be able to switch my channels. What is the best recommendation on how to handle with the Roadster? I'm new to trying this as I've typically been more just into plug-and-play with pedals, but I'm not good at switching my cues properly with what pedals I need, enganging the loop and changing channels (I know, get better :p)

Thanks!

Ohaire said:
I've been digging about this issue, but I feel like I keep running into dead-ends.

I'm currently playing a Roadster and looking to add some form of Helix version (Rack, LT or HX effects) to simplify my having to tap dance on pedals for many things.

From what I've been reading a Midi Controller is what I'll be needing to be able to switch my channels. What is the best recommendation on how to handle with the Roadster? I'm new to trying this as I've typically been more just into plug-and-play with pedals, but I'm not good at switching my cues properly with what pedals I need, enganging the loop and changing channels (I know, get better :p)

Thanks!
I’m not sure what your asking? The best way to handle it would be to buy a MIDI switcher and hook it up.

I used a Voodoo Labs Control Switcher with a Ground Control Pro for years with zero issues.

There is also the RJM Amp Gizmo.

You’ll need to educate yourself a bit on MIDI control, PC messages vs CC messages, setting MIDI channels, etc. and make sure you write it all down for future reference. If something in your MIDI chain should need replacing you’ll be glad you wrote down all the settings.

Latest posts

Back