TA-15 vs 5:25+ Question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

57nashlefty

Reaction score
Hello, I recently purchased a MB Express 5:25+ head that I got for a great price, and it looks and sounds amazing. I play strats, so maybe that will help answer my question. I really like the simplicity of the TA-15 head, and am curious if these two amps are quite similar, except for the EQ option. I am thinking I would be happier with the TA-15. Any thoughts about similarities/differences would be most appreciated. Thanks.

I haven't played an Express 5:25+ but I have a non + 5:25 and a TA-15 and they are very different amps. They're voiced completely differently. The TA-15 is a lot more dynamic and has great edge of break up sounds, though it has little headroom and is heaven with a Tele, it can be driven a little too hard with humbuckers. The Express has great reverb, a more "normal" sounding clean sound and, in the Burn mode, more of the traditional Mesa sound.

The TA-15 is about as far as you can get from the stereotypical Mesa amp (we all know there's no such thing as a typical Mesa amp).

I don't use my Express much since buying my TA-15.

Thanks for the response, it is helpful. I actually compared what I could on You Tube videos, and came to the same conclusion. This answer confirms my observations.

Latest posts

Back