DC-5 Head mounting screw location?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gts

Reaction score
Looking over the shoulder of the guy who lost his
Looking over the shoulder of the guy who lost his apples
I need to confirm the distance of the back mounting screws on a DC-5 head
This is for the two screws closest to the back of the amp.

I'm looking to see how far in they are from the back of the amp to the center of the mounting screw.
I have two conflicting measurements so hopefully someone can help solve the conflict.
One measurement says it's 3-1/8" the other I have says it's 2-3/8"

If someone has a DC-5 head and can measure this for me I'd be greatly appreciative.

(Fwiw no doubt it's the same distance on a combo. So if you have a combo and are willing, please measure it too)

Thanks!

Thanks jedi,

Greatly appreciated!

Considering it's 2-3/8" this brings up another measurement question:
How deep is the cabinet?

Since it's slanted at the top what is the distance from the back to the top edge of the slant?

Also what is the depth/ distance from the back to the front edge below the slanted part?
(This would be a measurement of the side of the cabinet.)

9" on top - Measured from the top of the cab
10" to the bottom of the slant - Measured from the side of the cab
The length of the slant is 3 1/2"

Those measurements are as close as I could get subtracting the thickness of the tolex. With the tolex/glue it would be 9 1/16 plus/minus about 1/16".

Thanks!
It's all good, I'm not too concerned about tolex thickness but thanks for bringing it into consideration.
It's sounding like a DC-5 combo or head cab is only 10" deep (outside edge to outside edge).
Am I getting that accurately? Is that correct?

If 10" is correct then the 2-3/8" from the back of the cab to the center of the rear mounting screws makes more sense.

I was asking all of this as I was under the impression a DC-5 would fit in a Mark series long head cab.

But a Mark series long head cab is 3-1/8" from the back of the cab to the center of the rear mounting screws.
However a Mark series long head cab is 11" deep. So if a DC-5 cab is 10" deep then the shorter 2-3/8" distance makes more sense.

All things being equal it looks like a DC-5 does fit into a Mark series long head cab but the long head cab would be a touch deeper.
This also implies a DC-5 chassis is less deep (aka the side measurement) than a Mark series chassis....
If true, a DC-5 chassis would have a more space behind it if put into a Mark series long head cab than a Mark series long head chassis would have in the same cab.

Sounds like it would be a cool conversion project. I see the occasional empty Mark headshell every so often.

Re-tolex and re-grille with wicker and you'd have a somewhat unique Dc head.
Even so, converting the combo to a head would still be great idea.
I'm sure a lot of us have extension speakers that we'd rather use.

Latest posts

Back