Fillmore Series

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J-P-G

Reaction score
Hi,
has somebody bought that amp?
First "hands on" reports available?
It will take a minimum of 6 to 7 weeks for them to arrive in Germany, :roll:
so I would be happy about the first impressions you had.

Just received mine.
My first impressions are a great clean. Only had time to play the amp for about half an hour tonight, I pretty much evenly split the time between clean and gain channels. After putting every knob on noon, the only knob I changed on the clean channel from the beginning was reverb. The clean channel sounds great, and fendery as expected. I was playing through my recto 212 with stock V30s, so it wouldn’t sound exactly like the Super reverb I had a few months ago (4x10s are VERY punchy), but I’d say they are more similar than different. The gain channels caught me off guard. Based on the demo videos, I was expecting to love the mid gain channel with the gain turned up a little, and expcting the high gain channel to suck (you can see the other Mesas I own/have owned in my sig, for comparisons on high gain sounds). It turns out I think the mid gain channel sounds good with the gain at noon and mids boosted a little. This gives an ever so slightly broken up tone that I think will be very agreeable with drive pedals (will try that tomorrow night). What sounded great as far better than I expected was the high gain channel with the treble backed off, mids boosted, and bass ever so slightly boosted. This is so counter intuitive to every other Mesa I have owned and played. But it yielded a great sound with about as much gain as most people considering this amp should need. It won’t do recto or mark, but somewhere between red and blue on the electradyne seems about equivalent.

I've spent days watching videos as more pop up on YT... I've been waiting for this amp for a long time, it will fill that bluesy space I just can't find in my Mark V:35. (Totally happy with this amp, just need a different beast). In love with the sounds I've been hearing. I ordered mine today but I'll have to wait a few months to get it with the custom items. I'm jonesin already...

Saving good review vids to a playlist if you want to check them out.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLx1Q3wPbM58-RLZC7MZOvMMCAloMCNFaP

I just got the Fillmore 25 as an alternate and/or backup to the Mark V 25 I use for most gigs and sessions these days.

Very nice range of tones. Able to match the clean volume of the Mk 5 25 with no breakup, so no clean headroom concern for my application.

I'm thinking this is what I had wanted the Blue Angel to be, a good "vintage" flavor with ability to go sustain/ gain especially with a TS type pedal in front.

Hi all,
Do you think a "Reeder mod" like the one they do for the Lonestar could be done on the HI mode of the Fillmore 50?

I loved the 50 head I briefly had but the Hi mode, which I needed the most, had lots of harmonics purposely shaved off. It made it sound too dark at its core (impossible to dial back in through EQ) and made volume knob tone clean-up subpar. This didn't happen on the other channels. I therefore got rid of the amp but if a mod could be done so that the HI mode sounded congruous with the other 2 modes... I could get it back.

Thanks in advance!
A

Latest posts

Back