The Boogie Board

Discussion Forum for Mesa Boogie Products
It is currently Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:53 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:59 pm 
Bottle Rocket

Hey guys I just purchased a mint Mesa Boogie Tremoverb Head. I’m trying to get a better understanding of how it operates and I felt this was the best place to ask! So basically on the front there is 2 switches one says orange/off and the other red/off. On the back there’s a switch that says orange/red and another next to it that says (channel cloning org to modern/normal/red to vintage). Can someone explain to me exactly what all these features do. Unfortunately a tubes broke in my amp so I can’t even experiment yet until she’s fixed. Might sound like noob questions but I’m sure others have wondered in the past as well and I don’t see much info floating around since these have been long discontinued. Thanks for reading.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:08 pm 
Single Recto

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... 4385289983

Here is the manual. It will explain this stuff much better than any of us.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=74118

Here is a collection of settings I put together. Some I made. Many are settings of well known Musicians. This should give you a idea of how versatile the amp is.

The fact that Stephen appears from nowhere, is sentenced to death in an emotional public trial without anyone interfering at all and is then altogether forgotten as if nothing happened, is already suspicious.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:20 pm 
Bottle Rocket

Thanks! Yea I actually just stumbled upon the manual I’m kinda getting it. Mesas definitely have more of a learning curve than other amps but it’s worth it. Thanks for the settings also, I’m gonna have to experiment with them. I always loved Bush, Incubus, and Soundgarden’s tone and I know they all used this amp at times. So I guess that’s the tonal direction I’m heading.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:32 pm 
Single Recto

All three of the bands settings are on the link I posted. I'm not sure what ones anymore. Metallica is in there also. Not sure who else off the top of my head.

The fact that Stephen appears from nowhere, is sentenced to death in an emotional public trial without anyone interfering at all and is then altogether forgotten as if nothing happened, is already suspicious.