Mark V ground loop hum?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlpasco

Boogie Supporter
Reaction score
I'm getting a wicked hum on my 90 Watt Mark V when I plug into the Slave Out, which I do *not* get when I plug into the fx loop send.

Besides the hum, the slave out sounds better for what I'm using it for than the fx loop output, and I also want to be able to this with the fx loop completely disabled.

I'm not sure why one is humming and the other is not. I'm going to try and change tubes and see if that makes a difference anywhere, but does this leap out as any kind of "AHA!" situation that anyone else has run into before.

The hum is annoying on the clean channel and just devastating on channels 2 and 3.

dlpasco said:
I'm getting a wicked hum on my 90 Watt Mark V when I plug into the Slave Out, which I do *not* get when I plug into the fx loop send.

Besides the hum, the slave out sounds better for what I'm using it for than the fx loop output, and I also want to be able to this with the fx loop completely disabled.

I'm not sure why one is humming and the other is not. I'm going to try and change tubes and see if that makes a difference anywhere, but does this leap out as any kind of "AHA!" situation that anyone else has run into before.

The hum is annoying on the clean channel and just devastating on channels 2 and 3.

What are you using the slave out for? Could you try lifting the ground on one end of the cable your using to go from slave out to whatever it's feeding, or does whatever it's feeding have a ground lift switch maybe?

Latest posts

Back