Maverick 4x10 switching

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Casey_Pittman

Reaction score
I know this topic has been talked about before and reading some of the threads related to the subject has giving me more questions. Now before we go any further, yes I can read and follow schematics, mostly for pro audio gear and stomp boxes. I do not pretend to know anything about tube amp topology. So what may seem rudimentary to some is Greek to me. Now, with that out of the way, I've been looking at the schematics available from here:

https://schematicheaven.net/boogieamps/boogie_maverick.pdf

And what I'm trying to figure out is the purpose of the LDR's. It seems to me that they are connected to the switching but I'll be honest I'm guessing at their purpose. The relay's I get, but these are curious.

LDR 1 (pg1) Seems to be switching between the rythum and lead channel

LDR 2 (pg2) Seems to be adding a cap into the FB section

LDR 3 (pg1)"Switch mute" looks to be sending the signal to ground (please explain why)

LDR 4 (pg3) Not sure what it's doing there, maybe acting as a soft bypass to the FX loop?

After reading a thread where someone asked Mesa why there was this static discharge of the relay's they said that there is a fix but it would add a "delay" to the switching. I'm assuming that these LDR's are the fix they were referring to. So, I'm also assuming that these LDR's perform in such a way that it sounds like a fade in when switched. Are they all necessary? If they are removed is it just as easy to discharge the relay's by switching channels repeatedly until it goes away like some on this board seem to do with their mesa's?

Thanks for your time,

Casey Pittman

Ok, I've been doing some more theorizing and the one thing that's so **** confusing is the FX loop out to the main out and RY1b (pg 3 of the schematics linked above). Why is that relay there? Shouldn't the signal just go straight to the output pot? That would also eliminate LDR 4 as well and remove any fade/delay issues people have right?

-Casey

Back