Heartbreaker Head

Dual/Triple Rectos, Maverick, Blue Angel, Nomad, Road King, F-Series, Lone Star & Stiletto

Moderators: Guitarzan, Grandor, ned, Platypus

Smokiebones
Bottle Rocket

Heartbreaker Head

Post by Smokiebones » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:58 pm

Tomorrow I'll be ordering a used Heartbreaker Head from Guitar Center this will be
my first Mesa Boogie Amp. I have a some questions I hope you guys can help me
does the Heartbreaker Head have Reverb? Also I know that I'll have to get a 2x12
Cab so which one would be a good match? Sorry if this has been asked about before.

stephen sawall
Single Recto

Re: Heartbreaker Head

Post by stephen sawall » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:55 pm

Yes it has reverb. You can use a 2x12, 1x12 or 4x12. Just make sure the cab can handle the wattage. I usually prefer closed back cabs. But this amp works great with open and closed back.
The fact that Stephen appears from nowhere, is sentenced to death in an emotional public trial without anyone interfering at all and is then altogether forgotten as if nothing happened, is already suspicious.

domct203

Re: Heartbreaker Head

Post by domct203 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:19 am

And to add to that.... NEVER run the head (or any tube amp for that matter) without the proper speaker load connected, it will destroy major components in the amp.

Also, download the amp's manual from Mesa Boogie, there is important info in there on the proper use of this amp.

http://www.mesaboogie.com/media/User%20 ... reaker.pdf

Dom
'07 Roadster Voodoo modded
'08 Stiletto Deuce II
'10 Mark V - sold
'18 TC-100
'01 Recto 4X12 Slant
'04 Recto 4X12 Slant/Straight
'74 Les Paul Custom
'95 American Strat
'12 Les Paul Signature T
Voodoo Labs MIDI